Friday, November 9, 2012

Meal Planning Challenge - Week 1

The challenge has begun! And what an exciting week it has been. This week we focused on meal planning and boy did I need to get organised. Each day I have to figure out what we're going to cook and I had thought of putting together a weekly meal plan but I hadn't gotten around to it but this week I did!

Recipes
The first day was dedicated to organising recipes. I had never really printed out the recipes that I get on the internet so this week I did and put them in a binder. Plus I found a new recipe website www.pikachakula.com It's amazing. I like it because the recipes are not too complicated and I can get most of the ingredients easily. Kathy suggested putting the recipes in sheet protectors so that you don't get spills on them while you cook which I thought was absolutely brilliant. I divided the recipes into 6 categories:
  • Appetizers
  • Main dishes
  • Side dishes
  • Desserts
  • Drinks
  • Breakfast
I used one binder because I wanted to save on space. And also because I haven't really got that many recipes yet - most of them are in recipe books. 


I can't wait to try out the new recipes!

Meal Plan
I also got to plan our weekly meals using a meal plan from here. We cook one meal a day because I'm home at lunch alone and I really don't mind eating the same thing for lunch and dinner so I chose this meal plan.



Food prep
I usually shop meats for a whole month. So I buy meats in bulk and split them up into one-meal portions  then freeze. This helps ration the food and also cuts out some prep time.

So far I'm loving the challenge :)

Next week we tackle cleaning schedules.

2 comments:

Nagasha said...

I missed you.

Kathy said...

This is fantastic!! I can't believe how much you accomplished in just one week! Thank you for participating! I'll make sure to feature you on my blog here soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...