First of all, I'm sorry that I've not posted in a while. I don't really have a good reason but please forgive me. Pretty please?
Over the last two months we've had quite a number of birthdays in my family and it's only fair that I give you a little recap right? Right! With pictures of course so here goes....
The first birthday we celebrated was my dad's on March 7th. We went out to dinner at a nice hotel and gave him gifts - that he actually loved!!!!! (My dad is very difficult to pick presents for because he wants NOTHING!!!) Any who, we had a great time and I've got pictures to prove it :-)
Next was my sweetheart's birthday on 29th April. I was supposed to take him out for dinner but there were riots in the city so we couldn't go out. But we had cake and I'm making it up to him today.
Thank God for birthdays! I hope you enjoyed the photos. I'm off to have dinner with my handsome man :-)
Have a nice weekend.
Friday, May 6, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
It's my hubby's birthday today!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY! I love you with all my heart and even though the chaos in town has ruined the wonderful plans I had for you I will most definitely make it up to you.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, March 31, 2011
It's my Mummy's birthday today. She is the most amazing woman I know. She is strong and sensitive and sooooooo caring! I want to be exactly like her when I grow up. She disciplined me when I was a child and I'm thankful for it. Just one look was enough to let you know that you were in big big trouble! Thanks Mummy - I'm better person because of it :-)
These are a few of the things that make me mum amazing:
- She is beautiful. Inside and out. I always say that my mum is hot!!! Some people think I'm her little sister :-)
- She is the most selfless person I know. She always wants people to be happy and comfortable even if it means compromising her needs. If you needed a ride back home and she was in town she would wait for you even if it meant she had to wait for over an hour or that she had to come pick you from the other side of town. So sweet isn't she? Love you Mummy! For all the times you did that I'm thankful - it may have seemed small but it meant a lot!
- She loves the Lord. My mum has a deep relationship with the Lord. You don't need to know her too well to see it. Her kindness and sensitivity is evidence of that. I know that she spends a lot of time praying for her family and the Lord has indeed blessed her because of it. I don't know where we'd be - especially her children - if she had not prayed for us the way only a mother can. She and my father prayed for my husband even before I met him. And when he showed up I knew it was definitely their prayers that had helped make sure I married a wonderful man.
- She gets excited with me. When I need someone to scream with me I can count on her. (I have evidence of this....) See the photo below :-)
|My mum could not contain her joy on my graduation - she ran out to meet me. FYI, that's not allowed but who could stop this crazy woman? Love you mum!|
- She is my friend. I can talk to her about anything. And now that I'm married her counsel is very important. I'm glad that I have such an exemplary woman in my life. It's tough but worth it.
- She is a very good listener. She listens to everything you say- both your words and your body language. This special gift has helped keep us as her children in line because we can't lie to Mummy. Unless, of course, we're trying to surprise her or something :-D It has also made her the best mum anyone could ask for. When I was in high school so many girls wanted her to be their mum. Aren't I lucky?
- She is a brilliant woman. She is doing her PhD and she keeps topping her class. (Yes, Mummy you do - even if you want to deny it!) teeheehee!
Mummy, I love you very very very much. Thank you for being a wonderful mother and friend. You've taught me so much and I'm glad and proud to call you my mum. May the Lord continue to use you to touch the lives of others.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Here are a few things that make my dad extra special to me and my family:
- He loves the Lord - with all his heart. I've always known that my dad is led by God in all he does. He never makes a move - especially a big one without hearing from the Lord. I respect him for that.
- He loves my mum! (I say this a lot!) I don't take it for granted that I've always seen my dad shower my mum with love. The bible says "Husbands love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." Ephesians 5:25 and my dad has done just that.
- He loves his children. My dad is a family man. Many times he would cancel speaking engagements if they happened to coincide with our visitation days in boarding school. That always made me feel very important to him. He always tells us he loves us at the end of every phone call - just in case we forgot :-D
- He is a very intelligent man. Yes he is!!!! I remember when I was about 8 years old I believed he knew all the answers (sometimes I still do :-)) But the truth is that he is very intelligent and is not afraid to keep learning knew things in this world of ever changing technology. Oh, did I mention that he has a PhD in Mathematical Statistics???? Yup!!! He is intelligent!
- He is fun!!! He loves to have a good laugh. We are constantly making fun of each other and I love the fact that I can joke around with my dad.
I love you Daddy. I'm proud of you and super proud to be your favourite daughter :-) You are the best Daddy in the whole wide world!!! Love, your Missy :-)