Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

Today is my Dad's birthday. He is the best father any girl could ask for!!!!! No kidding.

Here are a few things that make my dad extra special to me and my family:
  • He loves the Lord - with all his heart. I've always known that my dad is led by God in all he does. He never makes a move - especially a big one without hearing from the Lord. I respect him for that. 
  • He loves my mum! (I say this a lot!) I don't take it for granted that I've always seen my dad shower my mum with love. The bible says "Husbands love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." Ephesians 5:25 and my dad has done just that. 
  • He loves his children. My dad is a family man. Many times he would cancel speaking engagements if they happened to coincide with our visitation days in boarding school. That always made me feel very important to him. He always tells us he loves us at the end of every phone call - just in case we forgot :-D
  • He is a very intelligent man. Yes he is!!!! I remember when I was about 8 years old I believed he knew all the answers (sometimes I still do :-)) But the truth is that he is very intelligent and is not afraid to keep learning knew things in this world of ever changing technology. Oh, did I mention that he has a PhD in Mathematical Statistics???? Yup!!! He is intelligent!
  • He is fun!!! He loves to have a good laugh. We are constantly making fun of each other and I love the fact that I can joke around with my dad.
The list could go on and on!!! Bottom line is my dad is FANTASTIC!!! I thank God that he gave me a father who is so loving so that it was easy for me to accept the love of my Father in heaven and know what real love looked like when I met my handsome farmer man :-)

I love you Daddy. I'm proud of you and super proud to be your favourite daughter :-) You are the best Daddy in the whole wide world!!! Love, your Missy :-)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

awww... Happy Birthday Uncle!!

Eleanor said...

How Sweet.... I must agree though... evey word is true....

Pretty Lashes said...

Happy, Birthday to your dad!!


I tagged you in an award :-), come to my blog to claim it!

xxx

Abs said...

You are just daddy's little girl! I am really enjoying reading your blog by the way....hope you stop by mine some time.

Free truths said...

Hey! I stumbled upon your blog via 'pretty lashes'...I had to comment because I love the stuff you wrote about your dad. He sounds amazing, and you are definitely blessed to have him as a dad! :)

Farmer's Wife said...

Thanks Renny.Indeed I am.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...