Thursday, March 17, 2011

A lil' bit of this and a lil' bit of that....

It's cold!!!!!! I know that the fact that I live in Uganda you'd think that I cannot be serious but I am. It's soooooo cold! And being at work does not help one bit. You see, it's been so hot here. So hot that some people were suggesting that we should step out of our houses in nothing. We even got text messages from the Ofice of the Prime Minister warning us of a drought and telling us to store up food. And then it happened. It rained! It started slowly at first and we thought it would be the usual drizzle that would not even quench the earth's thirst. But that was not the plan. It has been raining for the last 5 days. Hence the cold.

Quite frankly, I prefer the cold to the heat. But I wish I was not at work so that I could curl up in the couch with a nice cup of tea and watch a good movie.. I'm extrememly thankful for the rain because, as my blog title will tell you, we needed it! Our crops were not doing too bad but they sure did need some relief.I was fed up of the dust too. Well, now it's muddy but that is a lot better than dust because it does not get stuck to everything in the house.

Another thing that this week has brought was a CLIENT!!!!! In this post I wrote that I want to start up a wedding planning business. Well, the Lord provided my first clients. Isn't He good? I'll keep you posted. I'm really excited because they are a really sweet couple and they want a really sweet, intimate and fun wedding. Yay!!!

This week, my TDH hubby and I made 10 months in marriage. All I can say is that I love that man more than I ever have and I am beyond thankful that the Lord brought him into my life. It's been, still is and will forever be blissful to be his wife.

I hope you are all having a lovely week :-)

4 comments:

Tutti said...

Congrats on finding your first couple! I've been helping a couple plan their wedding too and it's so much fun. Lots of work, but very rewarding. I think maybe some hot coca or tea might to do the trick to warm you up in the meantime. :)

Faith said...

how exciting! congrats on your first client!

i can't believe it is cold where you are ... it warmed up sooo much today and all the snow has melted! i was such a happy gal!

glad you got some rain though! :)

Eleanor said...

babe happy for you about the client.... i so know what you mean about the weather... if only we didnt have to leave the house... congs on 10 motns... i guess tommorrow it will be 11... almost a year... can you believe it!!! so happy for both of you.

Christa said...

I ended up here via Newlywed Decorator's blog and was attracted your blog title as I am a farmer's wife! Enjoying reading about your culture and life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...