Monday, December 13, 2010

Project wedding planning

I love weddings!!!! Everything about them gets me excited! The flowers, colour scheme, dresses, gown, decor, cake, vows, RINGS!!!!!!!, music - everything!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to make them a apart of my life by becoming a wedding planner. So in order to prepare myself for the task I helped a few friends of mine with the decor for a wedding they were doing on Saturday. They were the ones behind all the planning and design ideas so I got to learn a lot from them. I had so much fun doing it and the room looked really good when we were done. These are some photos of the hall both during and after.

One of the entourage tables - loved the detail on the organza

The beginning of the centre piece set up

The chair tie backs

The final centre piece



Glasses with candles standing in yellow and green balls

The entourage table - beginning stages

The final table set up (green table)

Napkins with a twist and a glimpse of the table runner

The final table set up (gold table)

Chair tieback

A glimpse of the room with the dim lights

Finishing up the head table


The final head table

The cake (I thought it was a bit much but oh well)

The lights and flowers behind the head table
I enjoyed every bit of helping with the decorating and I learnt quite a lot too. Especially about where I can find good materials at a good price and who I can use to do what. In Uganda, weddings are no small affair but this wedding was a lot smaller than most with only 300 guests so it was a nice start to my learning experience. I'm so grateful to my friends for letting me join them. I can't wait to actually start planning weddings. Planning my wedding was easy coz I knew exactly what I wanted but I'm up for the challenge!!!!! And I'm really excited about it.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

wow everything looks incredible. good luck with the career, it seems like a very fulfilling job!

Kathy said...

wow... what a cake! :0
I love weddings too! You would be great at wedding planning! You should totally pursue that! The hall looked great!

Faith said...

that cake is HUGE! there must have been a ton left over!

good luck with the wedding planning! based on this wedding, looks like you are in the right place ... great job!

Eleanor said...

You'd be great.... i hope your business is up and running long before my wedding.... either way, you are so going to be my wedding planner and you know it... just hope you wont be too pregnant. hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...