Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Going home :)

I'm going home today!!!!!! Well, to my parents' home that is :) I know, I know - it's not my home anymore but it's really hard not to think of it that way. And I'm going to spend the night :) My hubby is going off on a retreat with his workmates so he said I should go spend the night with my parents - isn't he sweet? (heart him). In our culture it's frowned upon to leave your marital home and go back to your parents home for a night (unless you are annulling your marriage)  but right now culture can go hang!!!! My mum is soooooooo excited - she even made my bed last week thinking that I would be going then hahahaha!

Now, you might be thinking that I'm being childish but allow me to make you understand. I am the only girl in my family and my mum is the only girl on her family. She has 5 brothers, I have 3. So in a way we are sisters. Now I don't have to explain how hard it is for men to understand the simple things that come so naturally to us women - shoes, clothes, colour coordination, talking about three different things in one minute :) They just can't keep up!!!! So my mum and I are really close and we've been thrown into houses with men only!!!! It's hard I tell you hahaha!! So I'm looking forward to sitting with my mum and telling her everything that I've not been able to tell her since we last spoke - on Monday :) and I'm also looking forward to seeing my dad - that man was the measure that I used to select my wonderful husband so he is beyond AMAZING!!!!!

Mummy and Daddy, I can't wait to spend the night in my old room (the one that was usurped by my brother once I left because it was better bigger than his) and to talk with you at the dinner table. Coming home will make me cry when I leave but I'm glad that you've not let culture stand in the way :)


Has any of you gone back to your parents' home for a night since you got married?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That's so sweet! Please tell your parents hi for me... and big hugs! I miss them!
I haven't stayed the night at my parent's house yet... but they live too close to us for it to make sense. ;)
We do Sunday lunches at their house after church...so that's always nice.

Faith said...

i haven't ... this post makes me want to!

you are too sweet!

Eleanor said...

i can only imagine how much fun you all had.... happy for you love... you do have a great husband...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...