Monday, November 29, 2010

Lazy Sunday

On Sunday, I go out of bed at 1pm!!!!! I've not done that in a very long time! I have a really good excuse though. We went to bed at 4am because we had a friend's wedding and my darling hubby was part of the organising team. We were exhausted!
I'm used to making a rather filling Sunday breakfast and even more filling Sunday lunch but since we'd skipped breakfast and I was way too lazy to make a spectacular lunch I decided to try a quick and oh so yummy recipe that I kinda came up with a few months ago. I don't know what to call it and I'm almost sure that someone else made it before I did so I will hold all boasting till I'm sure that nobody has ever ever heard of it (yeah I know - I'm so modest!!!!) It's a dish made out of pasta, sausages, a few veggies and lots of spices. Here goes....

First I grilled the sausages. I always use beef sausages- can't stand pork sausages!

Then I chopped them up

Heated up some olive oil and added A LOT of onions and garlic (our two favourite things to use when we're cooking)

Then I added the green pepper, chopped sausages and skinned tomatoes. Then came the spices (brace yourself) I used garam masala, corriander, cumin, basil, mixed spices, white pepper, soy sauce, worcesteshire sauce and barbeque sauce. Yes, we love spices that much!!! heehee! I usually leave it to cook for about 5 to 10 minutes till the spices blend in and the tomatoes soften (I guess tomato paste instead of skinned tomatoes would be a good idea)

Then I added the pasta (already boiled) and mixed it all up to even out the taste.

I love cheese so I could not resist sprinkling a bit of shredded gouda cheese on top - yum!!!



My darling hubby always wants to do something to help when I'm cooking (bless him) so he made the passion fruit juice - it was soooo good!



It's a quick and delicious lunch. My husband couldn't believe how fast I was able to get lunch ready :) We had our lunch while watching the Bill Cosby show!!!!!! Nice way to kick back and relax huh? My parents have some dvds of the show so we borrowed one and I always pull it out when we need to have a good CLEAN laugh - so hard to get those these days!!!
Don't you just love days when you can afford to be just a little bit lazy?

7 comments:

Paul Senyonyi said...

i want to start something Sarah...! i love the food.. like Protea! hehe

Farmer's Wife said...

Paul, Kimbuguma hotel is on its way :)

Kathy said...

That looks so delicious!

Sommer said...

How creative!!! You used some of my favorite spices! Waking up at 1...ahh miss those days ;)

Faith said...

that looks amazing! i can't sleep till 1 anymore ... my body is like an alarm clock ... it wakes itself up past 6 am ... sad, sad.

Tesh said...

I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU LIL SIS, YOU HAVE MADE MY EVENING... night oba, it is coming to 1 am in the night!!

Eleanor said...

again my dear, some full recipe? like i said i am determined to try out all these dishes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...