Monday, November 15, 2010

My new love...

I'm falling in love - with basketball!!!!! Anybody who knows me knows that I don't like anything to do with sports. The reason is I don't like sweat!!!!! I don't like it on me and I don't like seeing it on other people because sweat means I get sticky and smelly. Watching people play a game (whatever game it may be) has never been interesting to me because they get sweaty and I think there are way too many emotions involved. Well, all that has changed.

My husband took me to watch a basketball game a week ago- he used to play basketball in the FIBA league. I did not think I'd enjoy it much because I don't know the first thing about basketball but boy did I get the shock of my life. I had sooooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!! It's a super cool game and now I have no clue why people make so much noise about football - they should be watching basketball!!!!!!! I'm so in love with the game right now. I've watched two more games and I don't want the play-offs to end!!!!! I'm even ignoring the sweat!!!!!! Well ok sometimes I cringe when I see a player wiping the sweat off with his uniform but oh well...I even find myself becoming the emotional wreck that screams at the players and jumps for joy when my team scores- it's crazy I tell you.

Basketball, I think I'm really going to enjoy this relationship :-)

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

Munange me i only thought guys go to watch basketball so i never really got the guts to go watch. My first BB match was last Saturday and you are right, there are so many emotions involved but i still like it.

Faith said...

hahaha, i can't stand sweat either! i hate it, hate it!

the hubs plays rugby and after a game he tries to kiss me and i scream ... i can't have him touch me because of the sweat, haha.

Farmer's Wife said...

Faith, I'm so glad someone feels the same way!!!!!!! Everyone thinks I'm just being a snob but sweat really is disgusting!!! yuck!

Eleanor said...

i miss my basketbakk watching days.... it was so much fun.... time is my biggest challenge now... plus the info of when and where and who about the games.

i can so imagine you... hehehe... lol...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...