K - Kindred spirits
A - Accept
H - Hearing (Listening to each other)
I - Intercede
N - Never leave
I - I love you
We were apart for quite a number of years since we were at different universities and she was not in the country so now that are back in the same country we're having Kahini day every month - which is basically a day for ONLY kahinis :-)
And we share a common love for anything meaty so it was only natural that we make shredded pork on our kahini day. It's a recipe I pieced together and I hope that you'll enjoy it too.
- 350gms pork
- 250 gms bacon
- 2 large bell peppers (green)
- 2 large onions
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic powder
- Ground mixed spices
- Ground white pepper
- Chop the onions in rings or as shown below and the green pepper in strips.
- Cut the pork into strips.
- Cut the bacon into bite size pieces.
- Fry the bacon in a non-stick frying pan.
- Put the bacon in a separate dish and then fry the pork on medium heat in the fat from the bacon, add salt, white pepper and garlic powder.
- When the pork is ready (dark brown) increase the heat and add the bacon, green pepper, onions, mixed spices, corriander, BBQ sauce, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
This is the recipe for the potatoes.
It was a fabulous day! :-)