Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shredded pork & K.A.H.I.N.I Day

A few weeks ago I had K.A.H.I.N.I day. My kahini is Eleanor. We've been friends for a long time and because we're so close and 'sisters' doesn't explain our relationship well enough we came up with a word to describe our relationship:
K - Kindred spirits
A - Accept
H - Hearing (Listening to each other)
I - Intercede
N - Never leave
I - I love you

We were apart for quite a number of years since we were at different universities and she was not in the country so now that are back in the same country we're having Kahini day every month - which is basically a day for ONLY kahinis :-)

And we share a common love for anything meaty so it was only natural that we make shredded pork on our kahini day. It's a recipe I pieced together and I hope that you'll enjoy it too.

Ingredients
  • 350gms pork
  • 250 gms bacon
  • 2 large bell peppers (green)
  • 2 large onions
  • Soy sauce
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Garlic powder
  • Ground mixed spices
  • Corriander
  • Ground white pepper
Note: The spices, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce should be used to taste.

  • Chop the onions in rings or as shown below and the green pepper in strips.





  • Cut the pork into strips
  • Cut the bacon into bite size pieces. 
  • Fry the bacon in a non-stick frying pan.
  • Put the bacon in a separate dish and then fry the pork on medium heat in the fat from the bacon, add salt, white pepper and garlic powder.





  • When the pork is ready (dark brown) increase the heat and add the bacon, green pepper, onions, mixed spices, corriander, BBQ sauce, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.








Yum yum!!! Especially with the garlic thyme potatoes. This is the recipe for the potatoes.

It was a fabulous day! :-)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh that looks and sounds so yummy!!

Abs said...

Two things I only eat in Kla and nowhere else.....pork and liver. This looks delish!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...