Friday, December 17, 2010

December - the unproductive month...

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way but it is sooooooooooo hard for me to concentrate on work in December. I feel like I should be winding up the year by relaxing at home and not having to deal with irritating clients. (I believe that to be a client you have to have some level of incompetence - which of course is the reason you'd come to me to cater for that small bit of incompetence. I know that many times I'm the client but I want to believe that I'm not a bad client who makes my incompetence that obvious :))
Anyway, I just can't seem to concentrate! I'm trying - believe me I am but I'm too excited!! I'd much rather be: 

Shopping!!! And yesterday I did just that. I stepped out at lunch time and went to buy a new bag and shoes - it helped A LOT!!!!!
Cooking :) I recently discovered the Food Network Channel and I'm hooked! So many great recipes and no time to try them out :-( Do I really need to be at work? The kitchen is so much more exciting!
Playing with my adorable little nephew! I miss him so much!!!!!!
But most importantly I'd love to be relaxing with my hubby. I LOVE his company (that's the way it's supposed to be right? :))
My point is I think December is an unproductive month and we need to get the whole month off :-D Who's with me?  But seeing as that will never happen I'm going to keep trying to stay focused on my work, and I'll try to be nice to the client who drives me up the wall (Lord, help me!)
Now I'm really looking forward to next week when we break off for Christmas. Thank God for a boss who feels the same way about December! He's not riding us as hard as he usually does :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl I have to say this - your hubby is gorgeous! You are one lucky and blessed woman!

Faith said...

tell me about it! i feel the exact same way! i can't wait for Thursday to get here that way i can have 4 days off just enjoying the remaining of the year! :0)

i will be doing a lot of shopping tomorrow ... Christmas gifts haven't been high on my list this month ... so i know that after tomorrow, i won't want to shop for another few months ... the hubs would like that very much!

Eleanor said...

which is the food network channel?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...