Wednesday, December 15, 2010

7 blissful months!!!

Today is our 7 month anniversary!!!!!!! Time flies doesn't it? Feels like just the other day I was walking down the aisle to meet my husband to be.... such a magical moment :-) I thank God for leading us on this incredible journey. There is so much to be thankful for and so that's what I'm going to do.

I'm thankful for my amazing husband. He truly is the head of the home- I have no problem submitting to him because I know that he always listens to the Lord and is lead by him. I'm thankful that our friendship has continued to deepen and we're learning so many things about each other.

I'm thankful that marriage is fun!!!!!!!! I used to hear lots of people say that marriage is more of a duty but I'm having such a good time I feel like I was missing out!!!

I'm thankful for my in-laws - they've been so good to me. I have no in-law horror stories!!!!

I'm thankful for the Lord's provision. A wedding can really distort your savings and leave you kinda broke but the Lord provided for our wedding through our friends and family and has continued to provide for us these last 7 months - I don't take that for granted.

I'm thankful for my family that has been supportive (I don't think my husband has any in-law horror stories - lol!!)

I'm thankful that God is teaching me how to love my husband more each day, how to honour Him in my marriage and how to trust Him and keep Him at the centre of our lives. I don't know what I would do as a wife if I did not have that guidance.

And finally, in a world that is full of broken marriages, I'm thankful that each time I think of my husband I smile, that I just can't wait to see him at the end of the day and that we share an ever deepening love for each other.

6 comments:

Faith said...

anyone who says that marriage is a duty didn't marry the right person!

it is beautiful to be able to see other marriages that are just as blissful!

congrats on your 7 month anniversary! toast to many, many, many more blissful years!

Kathy said...

Wow!! 7 months came fast! Congrats Sarah! Bambi, you two are so precious. I'm so glad you're enjoying each other and growing together. Marriage can be fun if you allow it to be. Don't sweat the small stuff and live each day as a new and exciting one!! Here's to many more years of married bliss!!

redwhitebride said...

awww~ we got married on the same date! we are date twins :)

Farmer's Wife said...

Oh yay!!!! A date twin!!!!! :-)

Tiffany said...

Thanks for this post. Sometimes I need a reminder to be thankful for the little things. BTW - Loving your blog :)

Farmer's Wife said...

Thanks Tiffany :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...