Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas plans...

Christmas is here!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! For the last 8 or so years I really haven’t been feeling very ‘Christmassy’ but this year I’m so excited!!!!! (I believe it has something to do with being newly married to my tall, dark and handsome farmer.) Anywho, I’m super excited. I’ve been sick at home for most of the week and I managed to put up our very first Christmas tree!!!!!!

I chose to use red and gold because I find it very hard to mix too many colours on a Christmas tree. I’ve never decorated a tree all by myself because my brother is the design genius in the family and he would do most of it while we just helped out. (Paul, I hope you’re proud) My husband loved how the tree turned out and I was super proud of myself  (there’s something about the light in your man’s eyes that just makes you feel like you just walked on the moon – anyone agree?)
Another reason why I’m so excited about Christmas is because hubby and I are going away to a quiet resort for two days over Christmas :-) We really need to get out of the city and have some alone time.  I’m also glad that I don’t have to worry about what we’re going to eat for Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook but I’d really like to relax this time. For the last 8 years my paternal aunts, uncles and cousins would spend Christmas at my parents’ house. Just so you get the picture – I have 6 paternal uncles and 3 paternal aunts and they all come complete with spouses and not less than two children (maximum 4). It would be quite crazy at home trying to get things ready so this year will be a much needed breather for me – I’ll have a quiet, stress free Christmas :-) 
My sweet hubby is also getting me a wonderful gift for Christmas that I shall blog about when I receive :-) It’s something I’ve wanted and needed for a loooooooooooonnnnnnngggggggg time!!!!!! Love you sweetie!!!  (And no, I did not snoop around to find out what he was getting me – he gave himself away! teeheehee!)
I’m also going to try my hand at baking this year to complete the Christmas feeling so wish me luck!!!!!!!
I hope your Christmas plans are coming along well too.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful tree Sarah!! You did a great job! Can't wait to read what your hubby got you for Christmas! lol... I guess he's not a good secret keeper!

Farmer's Wife said...

Hahahaha!! No he's not a very good secret keeper :-)Thanks!

Sommer said...

My husband also gets too excited about a gift and gives it away. I thought I was bad! I have to breathe and say, "Honey wait til Christmas!" And that's hard for me to say as I am impatient and anxious at times! I am getting better, though.

Love your tree!!

Faith said...

your tree is beautiful!

your hubby is too cute! i can't wait to read what he got you for Christmas!

Eleanor said...

the tree looked amazing.... well done!!! i knew what it was..... hehehehe....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...