Thursday, February 7, 2013

No more excuses




I don’t  like to take risks or do things that make my stomach knot up. Trying new things is difficult for me most of the time so I usually come up with excuses. I usually find a way to get out of something if I’m not sure that I will be good at it. So I have made a resolution this year (Sure I know it’s a little late to be making new year’s resolutions but better late than never, right?). I have resolved to not make any excuses this year. I’m going to put myself out there. I’m going to do what I’ve been afraid to do. I’m stepping out of my comfort zone. And boy, do I love my comfort zone! So predictable and safe! But oh well. Time to grow up!

So here are some of the thing I will be pushing myself to do:

  •  Drive a manual car often especially in the city centre. I already did this one weekend and goodness me it was nerve wrecking! But I made it through so yay for me. No more excuses on this one. I'm going to keep doing it.
  • Add more colour and style to my wardrobe. I realized I have no colour in my wardrobe. I’m a safe-colour kind of girl so I have greys, blacks and whites mostly. My excuse was I always wanted to be able to match without thinking about it too much but apparently matching is soooo out the window so I’m learning to be bold. (Hopefully, I will be bold enough to post some photos of my progress? *fingers crossed*)My other excuse was buying new stuff is so expensive and blah blah. Well, I’m going to find a way to afford the nice things I want. (I’m liking this new me already J )
  • Start collecting ideas for our dream home. We have the plan and the land but I hadn't really gotten into the spirit of planning for the interior of the house because I didn't know when we would start. Well, I’m going to believe that it will be very very soon and start planning for it.( I’m excited about this one.)
Those are just a few of the things that will be changing this year. It’s a big step for me but I need it big time. Life is too short to be making excuses. So 2013, here I come. No more excuses! 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

oh how exciting!!! Look forward to see your colorful wardrobe for sure! :) You should join the #yesimwearingthis group on Instagram!! :)

Faith said...

You have great goals! You can do it!

Yes, join us for #yesimwearingthis ... It helps to give that push into what you wear ;).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...