Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Not what I imagined...

I always wanted a little girl and when I found out I was expecting a girl I was thrilled! I had always imagined what it would be like to do her hair, dress her up in pretty little dresses and eventually have girly conversations.
I also imagined that she would sit still while I do some chores and that she would enjoy playing with her toys while in one place.
I was so wrong. My Mwagala is not capable of sitting still. Once I put her down and surround her with toys to play with she reaches out for something else - the remote control, one of my beloved books or a shoe.



I've been finding it quite frustrating since I spend most of the time saying 'No'. And that is usually met with a smile and even more determination to do what I'm firmly telling her not to. But I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact that she is discovering all sorts of things and that I should let her. So what if I dreamed of a little girl who would sit still? I've got a beautiful, adventurous and very energetic little girl. I'm going to enjoy that. And stop saying no just because I don't want her to touch something. If it's not dangerous then I'll keep my mouth shut.
And she seems much happier with this new me so I guess it's working :)

4 comments:

Faith said...

haha, how can you say no to that adorable face? :)

Kathy said...

Oh my Sarah... she's starting to really resemble you! Especially in the second picture!! She's still a little princess!

Abs said...

She is soooooo cute and I must agree with Kathy, she is starting to look like you

Grace said...

Oui! She is tres tres beautiful. Parenting seems to be a whirlwind adventure. Looking forward to hearing more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...