Friday, April 12, 2013

12 Month update


I apologise for being quiet for a while. Mwagala has been ill. She is doing better now and true to her playful spirit she started walking while she was sick! We were so excited. It’s been a long time coming and for a while I was not sure if I was looking forward to it or dreading it. It’s actually exciting to see her become more independent. She looks so happy to be on her feet. 



Weight: 10.8kgs
Clothing size: 12 – 18 months
Milestones:
  • Two more teeth J That brings us to a grand total of six teeth!
  • She knows how to ask to nurse. It’s so funny. She does it so matter-of-factly. Hahaha!
  • She tries to communicate what she wants using words, which of course I don’t understand so sometimes, I’m not sure what she is asking for and she gets a bit frustrated. But we’re working on it. At least I was prepared for this phase so I try to make sure that she has what she wants before she has to ask for it.


Likes
Waving bye
Walking around the house
Her teddy bears
Water to drink

Dislikes
Peas
Beans
Porridge
Getting her out of her bath water

Food:  Some days she eats very well. Other days she struggles. She is quite picky. If she doesn’t like what she smells she will not open her mouth. So I’m learning to play around with food. Sometimes she appreciates my efforts. Most times however, not so much L




2 comments:

Kathy said...

Such a big girl!! Glad she's feeling better too!! And walking?! So many milestones... I bet you're one proud mamma! I know the food thing can be frustrating, but hang in there!

Faith said...

she is so adorable! happy to read that she is doing better.

and walking! i love when i see small ones walking. it makes me smile each time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...