Friday, February 4, 2011

Poetic Friday

(Photo credit)

Long time ago I used to write poems. I haven't done that in a while and I've never published them (except in my notebook :-)) because I was never really sure of my poetry... Well, now that I blog I thought it would be nice to post an old poem every Friday and give a little background to it. I hope it will get me writing poetry again and I hope you will enjoy it too...

THE PLAY
In its beauty,
I boast.
In its stillness,
I rest.
In its gentleness,
I am meek.
In this life
I am merely a character
who changes with the scenes.

In its violence,
I fight.
In its agony,
I weep.
In its loudness,
I shout.

To me
Life is a play.
And I...
merely a puppet,
heeding to its will. 

While I was in high school I often felt like i was just going through the motions of life. You know - doing what everybody thinks you should be doing at that particular time so that you don't look or feel awkward. That's why I wrote this poem.I felt like only the things around me controlled how I felt or behaved and I had no control over it. But the Lord taught me to see things His way and I lived happily ever after :-)


I hope you enjoyed the poem. Let me know what you think. Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

Faith said...

beautiful poem! looking forward to more!

Eleanor said...

me likey.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...