Friday, February 25, 2011

Everlasting love...

Today I woke up feeling ill. I had a bad headache. The kind that makes opening your eyes feel like you've just taken a blow to the head. My darling hubby insisted we go to the doctor. I don't like hospitals but this headache had been on and off for a few days so I agreed.

He always makes sure that he takes me to the hospital and sits with me as I explain how I feel to the doctor. Sometimes he has to stand in the doctor's room because there is only one seat for the patient but he always makes sure he is in the room and that gives me a sense of security. Many times the doctors are surprised that he wants to be in the room because - let's face it - I'm not a child! But my sweet hubby stands his ground! :)

Today, I'm glad he made me go to see the doctor because we found I was not fine at all. I'm glad that he was there with the whole time - even if he was 2 hours late for work. I'm glad that he drew up a plan to make me get better as soon as the doctor told me what was wrong. I'm glad that I have a husband who loves me enough to be there for me when I'm ill. And so today's poem is dedicated to him... (And allow me to say that I'm sorry that I slacked on the poems the last two weeks.)

EVERLASTING LOVE
Love is patient,
love is kind. 
It endures all.

When I look into your eyes
I see it.
You don't need to tell me...
I can feel it.
This is love.

When you hold me
I feel secure.
When you smile 
I know no more sorrow


I know you'll never let me go.
You'll stay by my side 
as we grow together
in this everlasting love.


I love you baby!!!!!



To all you ladies who have fabulous hubbies - aren't we blessed?


Have a wonderful weekend :-)

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Awww.. Sarah hope you feel better soon! I hope it's nothing serious! You are truly blessed to have a husband who cares for you so well!!

Editor said...

there must be something in the air today...beautiful post. i also love the name of your blog..i am a follower now!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! What a nice poem! And what an amazing husband! Hope you're feeling better!

mumakeith said...

Eh Mama... I can sniff the intense love on this blog.... :).

Eleanor said...

get well soon love..... coodles to arthur....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...