Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's happening?

I've been trying to write this post since Monday but I couldn't put my feelings into words. Now I can.

I'm sad. Very sad and worried. Over the last few months I've heard about a lot of couples that are going through some major issues. It makes me sad that there are couples who are married and can't stand each other anymore. I've always known that there are broken marriages and what causes the problems but it was never this close to me. It was always some movie star or some random person in the papers but never someone that I knew.

But now the list of couples that we pray for seems to be growing. What hurts me even more is it feels like an attack on marriage that is a direct representation of the relationship Christ has with the church.

One day I'm going to have children and I'm worried that they will not see enough loving marriages amongst our peers like I did with my parents. I want my daughters to marry men who are sincere and love them as Christ loved the church and I want my sons to marry women of virtue who value God and their families above any worldly possession. I want them to experience the kind of love that I share with my husband - unconditional love. I want them to have spouses they can count on.

Each time I hear about a broken marriage my heart goes out to them. It's so painful to feel betrayed but when one feels betrayed by a spouse it's a lot worse. I will continue to pray for them. That God will bring healing. That their children will experience the unconditional love of Christ and not become bitter. That somehow they will be able to find the love they shared and mend their marriages.

But for now I'm sad. Sad that so many hopes have been crushed and that so many couples are hurting :(

3 comments:

Ki@m$E (P) said...

I know Sarah...its terrible!!!...gees, the rest of us who are not married get a misconception of the whole thing wen we hear of the broken marriages...its serious, personally my fears are increasing...thank God for vivid examples of happy couples like u n arthur that are our last string of hope to venture into this..but on the whole, gosh...is it that hard to live 2gether????!!!Lord help us!

Faith said...

it really is a sad thing. when does it go from loving someone to wanting to spend the rest of your life with that person ... then to hating that person and wanting nothing to do with them. it is so sad. people also believe that marriage is easy and when they realize it isn't, instead of working on it, they bail.

i always pray to God that Sean and i will always find a way to love each other, no matter what. i wish the same for your friends and you!

Kathy said...

Oh Sarah, I know how you feel. I have known people my age who have already gone through divorce. It's so saddening how quickly couples are falling apart these days. The best we can do is pray. Prayer is powerful in a relationship. I hope one day my kids will have the opportunity to be in a God-led loving marriage. Thank you for posting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...